In the workplace, my ideal clients are:
- Middle managers and frontline supervisors
- New leaders, or leaders in transition
- Members of underrepresented groups (women, BIPOC, LGBTQI*, Gen Y and Gen Z, neurodivergent, immigrants)
- High potential and early career professionals
- Changemakers – those striving to improve the world, or their organization
- Professionals struggling with confidence and/or communication
- Professionals struggling with stress, anxiety or resilience
I’ve successfully coached individuals at the following levels:
- Individual contributor/high potential
- New leader and newly promoted leader
- Frontline Supervisor, Team Leader
- Middle Manager
- Regional Manager/Director
- Executive Director
- Senior Vice President
I’ve successfully coached individuals in the following industries:
- Health care
- High tech (hardware and software)
- Financial services
- Nonprofit management
Executive & Leadership Coaching
In addition to my 12 years of coaching experience, I bring deep and diverse professional experience to my coaching. I’ve spent 30 years garnering results for my employers and clients across the globe in multiple sectors (nonprofit, corporate, healthcare, education and government). I’m a TEDx Speaker and published in multiple commercial and academic publications. I was the co-founder and first Manager of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion for University of New Mexico Hospitals. I was the President of Susana Rinderle Consulting, LLC for 20 years, and a former Principal Consultant for Korn Ferry. (You can read more about me in my bio!)
I’m a Certified Professional Coach (CPC), a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credentialed by the International Coaching Federation (ICF), and a Certified Facilitator of The Resilience Toolkit. According to the 2022 ICF Global Consumer Awareness Study, clients who worked with an ICF Credential-holder were more likely to be satisfied with their coaching experience and recommend coaching to others, and 85% of coaching clients reported that it was important for coaches to hold a credential. Discerning clients prefer to work with certified and credentialed professional coaches because we undergo extensive training and evaluation to be certified, and are held to the professional standards of the ICF Code of Ethics.
After coaching, my clients report improved team relationships and productivity, greater clarity and confidence, more effective decision making and “leading the way [they] always imagined.” I’m known for being knowledgeable, warm, funny, passionate, impeccable, and having high integrity.
“Leadership and Diversity” Coaching
My first career was in diversity equity and inclusion (DEI), so I also specialize in equipping leaders to be more effective leading “diverse” reports and teams, and more successful communicating effectively across differences. I’m also skilled at facilitating excellence and effectiveness in those changemakers leading DEI efforts in their organizations, and in employees or managers who are members of historically marginalized groups like women, people of color and younger professionals. Not only am I a trained and credentialed coach, I’ve been there myself! I’ve led diverse teams and headed the DEI initiative at a major state organization. Read my bio for more information about my background related to diversity and leadership coaching.
Coaching Skills Training for Leaders
Discerning leaders are realizing more every day that a “coach approach” to leading and communicating is far more effective than old-school “command and control” or “seagull” approaches. A trained, experienced coach can guide you, your team, or your organization to greater comfort and skill around curiosity, powerful questions, and equitable communication. Recent research indicates that such an approach has a positive effect on manager-employee relationships and employee engagement.
Not sure if coaching is right for you or your organization?
Check out these resources to hear how coaching provides a huge return for coachees and organizations:
- Video testimonies from one organization about how coaching is making all the difference!
- Short article on Coaching in Organizations demonstrates how leaders reap the rewards of investing in coaching.
- Building a Coaching Culture With Manager and Leaders research from 2016 shows how organizations that offer coaching see enhanced productivity, employee engagement and revenue growth.
- 2016 academic study comparing coaching and training showed coaching created a high degree of satisfaction and was better than group training in helping participants attaining their goals.
- 2006 study examining the business impact of executive coaching showed coaching produced intangible and monetary benefits for seven out of eight business impact areas and ROI of 689%!
- 2003 showing multiple benefits to nonprofits when EDs are coached, including improved confidence and leadership skills, and increased ability to address personnel issues, delegate, fundraise, work effectively with their Boards, and communicate.
“Coaching built my confidence that people do want to hear from me and value my opinion, and that doing so makes the company better. You brought insights that hit home in a way that became a permanent part of me, and I have already shared these perspectives with others. This allows me to coach others more effectively! You’re the perfect balance of guiding self-examination, providing direct insights and holding me accountable on actions. I’m proud not only that I achieved my initial goals for coaching, but that I was able to explore additional topics in detail which have made me a more effective leader.”Matt TurnsManager; Planning, Programs & Analytics - Chevron, Global Diversity
“I’m now leading the way I always envisioned, because of the tools I learned from working with you. My team has gelled and I’m confident in their ability to handle our high-stakes projects while I’m out on leave. I even look forward to our staff meetings! I now own more of the conversation with my boss and take the initiative with my peers in my areas of expertise – even though I’m the youngest leader. Your coaching me has benefitted them in ways they’ll never know!”Cathryn O’Malley, MBAAdministrative Director, Organizational Effectiveness and Transformation - Akron Children’s Hospital
“Your keen and supportive conversation has shifted mountains for me! I moved from feeling alone and sorry for myself to ignited and inspired – you are incredible at doing this! Your ability to see what’s needed to be said in the moment not only provided deep insight but I am now in action and miles away from the struggles I felt. Instead of pity for myself and ‘being stuck’ I’m determined to fail quickly and not make it mean anything about who I am or my abilities.”Chris MontoyaSelf-Discovery, Change & Adult Education Consultant - Catalyst Workshops